The Board assists the Chair in his duties. Elected members of the IRG Board for 2017 are as follows:
- Mr Johannes Gungl, CEO Telecommunications at RTR (Austria) and the incoming IRG/BEREC Chair 2018;
- Dr Wilhelm Eschweiler, Vice-President of the Federal Network Agency BNetzA (Germany) and the outgoing IRG/BEREC Chair 2016;
- Ms Alejandra de Iturriaga Gandini, Director of Telecommunications and Audiovisual Sector at CNMC (Spain) and IRG/BEREC Vice-Chair 2017;
- Mr Stephen Unger, Board Member of Ofcom (UK) and IRG/BEREC Vice-Chair 2017;
- Mr Hrafnkell Gislason, Director of PTA (Iceland) and IRG Vice-Chair 2017.